AGROFORESTRY PROGRAM IMPACTS
- Establishing Community Monitoring Unit (CMU) in the villages to monitor and protect restored ecosystem and conserving existing vegetation.
- Preventing natural disaster (floods, land erosion and landslides) due to soil and water conservation.
- Changing attitude and increasing awareness of local community towards climate issues, natural disaster prevention, and economic growth – natural base solutions.
- Empowering women groups that lead to gender in social equality, not only in number women involved in climate action but also the spreading locations and scope of activities.
- Involving youths as communication liaisons, so they become active agents of change and increase their inclusion in decision making in the village committees.
- Our CCB study showed an increase of 14% family income after project implementation.
- Setting-up Village Policy Initiatives on Village Spatial Plan (VSP), Ecosystem Protected Area (CPA) and Village Regulation (VR) in the villages and successfully reduce the threats of land conversion to the level of below 25%.
- The stable condition of watershed ecosystem supports the production of 1.26 ton per ha high quality of organic coffee bean and other cash-crops.