- Establishing Community Patrolling Units (CPUs) in the villages to monitor and protect restored mangroves and conserving existing vegetation.
- Setting-up Village Policy Initaitives on Village Spatial Plan (VSP), Mangrove Protected Area (MPA) and Village Regulation (VR) in the villages and successfully reduce the threats of illegal logging and land conversion to the level of below 5%.
- Removing CO2 on mangrove restoration with average of 39.77 tCO2-e ha-1 yr-1 (D30 allometry) – 52.08 tCO2-e ha-1 yr-1 (D302H allometry). This CO2 calculation is designed based on minnimum of 50% survival rate at year 20 plantation. The reference of SOC estimation (6.62 tCO2-e ha-1 yr-1) is based on the Yagasu research publication (Suprayogi et al., 2022).
- Changing attitude and increasing awareness of local community towards climate issues, coastal disaster prevention, and economic growth – natural base solutions.
- Empowering women groups that lead to gender in social equality, not only in number women involved in climate action but also the spreading locations and scope of activities.
- Involving youths as communication liaisons, so they become active agents of change and increase their inclusion in decision making in the village committees.
- Understanding economic values of mangrove ecosystem that have direct and indirect values ranging from 648,320 to 45,922,675 USD to the villages.
- Creating innovative economic actitivies: organic “batik” mangrove, eco-tourism, silvio-fishery, soft-crab farm, shrimp-paste production, dried/salted fish and mangrove food processing.
Leveraging additional funding supports such as village fund “dana desa” from governments, CSR fund from national companies and co-investment from private business
- The stable condition of mangrove ecosystem in Aceh and North Sumatra supports the production of commercial biodiversity: 7 – 12 tons of crab, 3 – 5 tons of shrimp and 500 – 700 tons of fish per week for non-stop production through the year.
- Link to blue carbon program, Yagasu has started to conduct corall reef transplantion, turtle breeding program and sea biota conservation. The carbon accumulation of seagrass meadows along the Yagasu’s mangrove project sites is also under exploration.